Friday, August 03, 2007

We're thinking of you MN

I was planning to write something about the Minneapolis bridge today but I couldn't. I mean, really, what can you say? I'm sorry? That makes it sound like I'm apologizing for an event over which I had no control.

My deepest condolences to the people of Minneapolis and Minnesotans everywhere.

I like Minneapolis. It will forever be etched in my memory as "the city that vacuums its sidewalks." Seriously! When visiting Minneapolis many years ago on the way to Duluth, I happened to be up very early. Looking out of my hotel window I could see a fellow carefully pushing an industrial vacuum down the sidewalk. "Wow," I thought to my 12 year old self, "they must really want the city to be clean."

Granted this was many, many years ago, but that's how I've thought of Minneapolis ever since. The city that really wanted to be clean.

No comments: