Sunday, March 07, 2010

The end of the renovation is finally within sight.

The granite guy came back, installed the soap dispenser and bolted down the dishwasher. I still need to decide on a pendant light above the sink.



The big furniture pieces are back from the shed.



That is a carved figure my grandfather bought in Gatlinburg, Tennesee. I inherited it when he passed away. I've always liked the faraway meloncholy look it has. And of course, martini shakers. I've never actually had a martini. I just like the mid-century ambiance they convey.


Brewguy has repainted the foyer. This is a slightly more red color than the previous one and I have to admit it is a little better with the color of the floor and light. Now that he has figured out he likes painting, he is painting everything. I'm not complaining, mind you.


And of course, the wine rack is stocked so I am happy.






No comments: