Saturday, October 18, 2008

Busy, busy

When we moved in to our current house, the previous owners had just painted. All the walls were white. Neutral. Blank. Except for the upstairs bathroom, which was inexplicably painted shocking apple green. It was not that color when we toured the house, I am sure. Since that time we have painted Little Brewer #1's room a deep rose (the color we had in the foyer at the Gettysburg house) and repainted the bathrooms in dark sky blue and tan. But the rest of the house remained bland.


Until last weekend!


I took the initiative and bought some bright cheery yellow paint for the foyer. I bought two colors that were close to see which I liked better. Here is the test patch.



I liked the one on the left, Brewguy preferred the one on the right. They were close enough to each other, so we decided to mix them.


Before...

During...
Aaaah! Don't touch it!
After!
The addition of the yellow changes the light in the adjoining living room. I like it! Now I need to get a front door with glass so that daylight can come into the foyer.

For Columbus Day we built a teepee. Did I know how to build a teepee? Yay, Google! Here we see the kids painting symbols on their teepee cover. That odd stack of sticks in the background is the teepee shell.
In the teepee.
A closeup of the designs.

My teepee building skills leave something to be desired. I am curious how the Plains Indians managed to get the wood necessary for their teepees, seeing as they lived on the plains. Which are typically grasslands. Meaning, not a lot of trees. Do you see where I'm going with this? Where did the wood come from? Brewguy thinks they got it in trade. I'm off to do some research.

No comments: