Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm out

Those of you who read my blog (Hi Mom!) know that I tend to stay away from political stuff. Civil servant + journalist hubby = hot potato. Recently, however, it has come to my attention that there is an entire party of candidates who apparently think I am the enemy. Brewgal, with her college/graduate school education who has sworn to uphold the Constitution and chosen to devote her career to protecting the public health, has awoken to discover that suddenly I am not a "real American." Moreover, as not a "real American," I apparently hate "real Americans." How interesting. If I am not a real American, what does that make me? An Unreal American? Am I imaginary? If I'm imaginary, does that mean I no longer have to go to work? As a newly unreal public servant, can I stay home and play gotcha in the backyard with my husband? Is there a time reporting code for gotcha?

Sheesh. No more politcal news for me. It just makes me sad. I'm out. My decision is made.

No comments: