Friday, April 16, 2010

I remember when this used to be a blog about knitting and crocheting.


Not to worry! Observe Bertha:

She is modeling a scarf I made in December. This was a yarn experiment. I have been trying to find a replacement for JoAnn's Dolcetta. Like most TV shows, the minute I start to really like a particular yarn it is discontinued. So, dear readers, if you have a favorite yarn, hide it from me lest I take a liking to it and cause it to vanish.


This yarn has a similar fiber content to Dolcetta- wool blend (did I write down the name of the yarn? did I save the ball band? of course not!).


It has a nice soft hand, works up well and is comfortable to wear (no itching). This is a variation of the pattern I used for the Sunset Scarf. However, even with a K1 edge, it rolls. I am not sure if it is a function of the K5*, P2 pattern or the yarn itself. So I wouldn't count this scarf a complete success.
*edited because I apparently cannot tell the difference between 3 and 5 on the keyboard. Sheesh.

No comments: