The little brewers had an absolutely wonderful time. This was Little Brewer #2's first experience in a hotel. Actual transcript:
#2- "Wow, look! Two beds! Do we get to sleep on one?"
Brewgal- "Yes, you two get one bed and I get the other one."
#2- "Look over here! A TV! We can watch TV, just like at home!"
#1- "And the bed is so comfy!"
#2- "Mom! There's even a bathroom! Can I use the bathroom?"
Note the exclamation points. LB#2 likes to speak at FULL VOLUME.
Same and different:
- The now-defunct Gettysburg Brewing Company storefront is still vacant.
- The karate school has new digs.
- There are at least two new coffee houses.
- The yarn store appears to be gone.
- There is now an Adams County Winery store.
- Kennie's Market has a huge new store.
- The Appalachian Brewing Company has a brewery up on Seminary Ridge (beer review coming soon). And they have good pizza!
We spent most of Saturday climbing rocks on the battlefield. We took a picnic lunch out to Spangler's Spring. The best climbing rocks are in Devil's Den, but they are a bit much for little kids. Spangler's Spring has a nice flat spot for sitting and some low-level rocks perfect for the LB's. Added bonus: port-a-potties, a must when traveling with small bladders.
I made good progress on the log cabin blanket.
posted by Brewgal @ 11:15AM