Monday, February 25, 2008

I took the strikke project out of cold storage and brought it along with me to New York. Here we see the sleeve in process.



Amtrak is great for catching up on Cast On podcasts but not so great for knitting. Too much swaying back and forth.

This is the view from my window at the Marriott Marquis.

The constant flickering of the Times Square Nasdaq sign is like lightning at night.

Then there were oddities. I don't know if this photo is clear enough to see the details, but there are cars down there on the roof of that building. This fascinated me. First, how did they get up there? Second, they were packed in so tightly I did not see how they could get down. Ah, the mysteries of city living.

On the way back I sat with the Director of Development from the Kogod School of Business at American University. After chatting for a while, I joked that work cut into my knitting time. She said, me too! We both pulled out our projects (her- a baby blanket, me- the strikke sleeve) and KIP'd away. We talked about yarn stores, examined each other's fibers, and discussed patterns and techniques. I just love how knitting and crocheting can form such a common bond among strangers.



No comments: