Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's amazing how little attention we pay to the daily workings of our bodies until they break down. I am still running a FUO = fever of unknown origin. We've ruled out hepatits, lupus, lyme disease, and rheumatoid arthritis. On top of it all, I caught Little Brewer #1's scarlet fever. Not only am I achy and feverish, I'm itchy. I'm like the seven dwarves rolled into one: sleepy, doc, itchy, achy, feverish, grumpy, and dopey. Dopey, because I can't even work up the energy to knit. Let me tell you, being home from work for a week and not being able to knit sucks big time.

Little Brewer #1 turned 7 last Saturday. We had a water party in the back yard. It was a wee bit chilly but the girls made the best of it. I purchased inflatable palm trees for that "tropical" look. It seemed like a great idea at the time. However, we soon discovered that it took forever to blow them up and they wouldn't stand on their own.
See the clever photo below? The fact that the tree is being supported by *two* people should have tipped me off. Swine misleading advertising.
Instead of palm trees by the wading pool, we had semi-inflated palm trees laying in the yard like limp tropical phalluses. The girls put them all in a pile, loaded it up with beach towels, christened it a "nest" and spent the rest of the party running back and forth from the nest making "peep peep" sounds. Kids are amazingly creative.

No comments: