Friday, March 28, 2008

We're back from Milton-Freewater, Oregon, located at the base of the scenic Blue Mountains.


Blue Mountains seen here. You can sort of make out the mountains in the distance. They are, in fact, rather blue. My MIL tells me that the green in the foreground is winter wheat, so called for when it is planted (winter), rather than when it is harvested (spring). She's an M-F local, so I'll take her word for it.
Here is our trip in a nutshell:

Denver. Flat on one side...
Rocky Mountains on the other.
Pasco, Washington as seen from the window of our airplane.
Easter Sunday breakfast at the Longbranch Saloon in Weston, Oregon.
Pictured is half (half!) of the side order of ham and biscuit that came with my eggs over medium. The biscuit itself was the size of a small badger. Never have I tasted a better or larger biscuit.
Interior of the Longbranch. The taxidermy on the wall supposedly promotes digestion.

A trip out to Harris Park on the South Fork. The threat of rattlesnakes always brightens my day.

Back to Denver.

Not pictured: Walla Walla, Touchet, Lowden, Hermiston.


No comments: