Thursday, February 25, 2010

The 5AM Haiku

I love sleeping. It’s the only place I can really let my mind go and while sleeping it comes up with some cool wacky shit in dreams. Which makes my occasional bouts of insomnia all the more frustrating. I hate going to bed at 10 only to wake up a few hours later at 2 or 3. Then my mind starts going round and round.

Life’s problems always seems more serious in the middle of the night.

Anyway, I had sleeping problems while I was in NYC, no doubt due to the fact that my hotel room was situated right next to housekeeping and geez, are they LOUD and no, I don’t want to hear what you overheard in room whatever.

So this time when I woke up in the middle of the night after a grand total of 2 hours sleep, I started thinking Haiku.

Long lost friends come back
But when the heart sees them, they
Never went away

Yeah, yeah, sappy. More impressively, I could read my handwriting in the morning.

No comments: