Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kitchen update

I will not mention the snow. I will not mention the snow. I will not mention the snow.

Blizzard conditions? In Maryland? I'm having PA/OH flashbacks.

And not the good ones.

Let's talk renovation!

The flooring finally arrived and was installed. This is reclaimed oak barn wood from Elmwood Reclaimed Timber. They have a great product. Their communication is a bit laissez-faire, but if you're laid back it shouldn't be a problem. Just look at the gorgeousness that is my living room! The Little Brewers have been scanning the floor, looking for their favorite planks. We've discovered one that has some initials carved in it.


My Craftsman style columns have been installed. I looooove the columns.

Here's a view looking down the entryway toward the front door. Will I be replacing the front door in the future? Yes I will. Note the lack of ceiling light. I spent a lot of time searching for the perfect light to complement the columns.

Actually, I had found the perfect light a year ago but couldn't convince Mr. Brewguy to spend the money.

Did you see the hint of cabinets? Patience, patience.


Perhaps some good karma came home to roost because the light I had been lusting over for a year was available at reduced cost.
Is this not the most beautiful light ever? This is work by James Mattson Coppercraft.



Here is the light making my entryway all fancy-like.
More photos later!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oooh! I have house envy! Wonderful art and crafts scheme. I love the light, too. Can't wait to see what else you do.