Thursday, January 10, 2008

Scarf for me

After crocheting 9 curly holiday scarves I felt it was time to make something for myself. I took advantage of the birthday discount at Woolwinders to buy some Nashua wooly stripes yarn in Fiesta.




This is worked in a 2x2 rib for four rows, then two rows of garter stitch.

CO 34

Knit first stitch, K2, P2 to last stitch, Knit last stitch. Repeat this row 4 times.

Knit all stitches across. Repeat this row 2 times.

Continue until desired length.

One skein gives approximately 14.5 inches. I'm on skein #4, and I suspect I'll have to go to skein #5 to finish the scarf to the length I desire. It's a lovely yarn, easy to work with. There is a bit of variation in the thickness, with some sections being quite loose and fluffy while others are tightly wound. I love it. The colors are so vibrant! I went back to the store the week after I bought this to get some more, which I plan to make into a hat.


No comments: